Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Is this animal abuse?

My friend has a small dog ( maybe 7 pounds at the most) Her dog got hit by a car 3 days ago and has a large  gash in his side and his back legs are most likely broken. He can not walk. I've told her multiple times to take the dog to the vet. In my opinion the dog should have been taken to the emergency vet the day this happened. I even offered to go with her but she won't. It's not a money issue she just doesn't seem to care about her dog. Her dog has been laying in the floor in pain for days. Should I call someone?

get animal protective services to take her dog away and make sure she never gets another pet

I (and most other people) would personally consider this abuse. Depending on where you live denying veterinary care to a sick or injured animal is considered animal abuse and is treated as a criminal offense. She could be arrested and charged with a crime. That dog is in extreme pain and I would have no remorse with her. Look up your local laws and call animal control and/ or the police depending on the answer.

You can also encourage your friend to surrender the dog to a shelter. They'll get him the vet care he needs.

Id say that's a definite pipe right there.

Yes................

• car253

Tell your friend either take the dog to the VET or your calling on her.

• car253
      1 month agoReport

The guy that hit the dog with the car, well, his or her auto insurance will pay for the vet bills.

• Ocimom

Call Animal Control immediately.

No, it is not. I can't believe people are such snowflakes nowadays.

It is against the LAW to NOT take a sick or injured animal in to see a Vet. Animal abuse is a Federal Crime & punishable with fines & jail time, depend the extent of the violation.

No your friend does not care about her dog, it was out in the street where it shouldn't have been. A responsible dog owner would have a fenced yard so the dog would not get out into the street.

You can call Animal Control & report it. If the owner is a minor, it will be the parents that are going to be held responsible. This is a severe case of abuse.

• Nathan

This is abuse. An animal shelter needs to be called immediately as they can take him to the vet, that dog is in severe pain and he is suffering. It is illegal to refuse veterinary treatment, so you need to report her (it can be done without giving your name to whatever shelter you call)

Call animal welfare