If people in LA can only drive to restaurants, does it mean they never have alcohol there? Or is drunk driving a standard in LA?
- Blue Sky 🐾Lv 72 weeks ago
Driving to restaurants is very common in L.A., and people do drive drunk or tipsy more than they should, but its really a matter of using common sense and asking someone to be the designated driver.Source(s): Former residrent of Los Angeles County.
- FoofaLv 71 month ago
We can't "only drive to restaurants". Despite our City Council's efforts to destroy ride hailing apps like Uber and Lyft both those things still exist at present. Also, tipsy driving IS pretty much a thing here (even though drunk driving is a bit less common).
- MSLv 71 month ago
1. People often go in groups and have a designated driver if they plan to drink a lot.
2. Uber/Lyft are commonly used, especiall when parking might be an issue.
3. Having a drink or two with dinner does not mean that you are drunk and too impaired to drive. Depending on how much you drink and how long it's been since you drank it, it may be perfectly safe to drive home after dinner.
- StephenWeinsteinLv 71 month ago
Sometimes, more than one person goes in the same car, and the person who will be driving home doesn't drink, but someone who will be a passenger in the car does drinks.
In some parts of LA, parking is such a problem that it's better to leave the car home and take Uber, which also solves the problem.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- audreyLv 71 month ago
People in LA that can afford to go to restaurants can afford cabs.