Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 months ago

Is Jesus a Spirit Creature/Archangel? What does scripture teach us?

Favorite Answer

The word "Archangel" means "chief over all angels". This is a crucial point in understanding who is identified by this word. As well, the name Michael means "Who Is Like God" and would certainly not be applied to just anyone, or any one of God's angels. Important to understand also is the fact that the Bible always refers to the Archangel in the singular. There are many angels - legions in fact. There is, however, only one Archangel. So we have an individual identified in the Bible as being "like God", as being "Chief over all angels" and as being a single individual. That certainly narrows down the options as to "who" this might be.

In 1Peter 3:21 we're told that Jesus “went to heaven, and angels and authorities and powers were made subject to him.” That certainly describes someone who would be considered "chief over the angels".

That, however, is not the only Scripture that identifies Jesus as the Archangel - or as a spirit being. For more Scriptural references identifying Jesus as the Archangel Michael, consider this Bible based article:

Who Is the Archangel Michael?

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/ar...

• Lv 4

We teach only the Bible, David. That is the source of all truth. Keep studying.

• Otto

The Bible tells us that Jesus died and was resurrected by God as a spirit creature, and he returned to heaven.

Since then , God has made him a King. Soon Jesus will remove all wickedness and suffering from this earth.

- Psalm 37:9-11; Proverbs 2:21,22.

Source(s): Bible

Jesus is a Nephilim. Half Human an half Star being.

• David

Scripture tells us that Jesus is far above all the angels, INCLUDING the archangels. Scripture tells us that angels bow down to Jesus in worship. INCLUDING the archangels.

The scriptures teach us that Jesus Christ has a tangible, physical body of flesh and bones, alive, healthy, and immortal. "Handle me and see," he said, "for a spirit hath not flesh and bones as ye see me have."

According to the Old Testament, Jehovah (Jesus Christ) is the Angel, or the preeminent son of God, higher than the Archangels.

Jesus Christ is God.

Jesus is GOD ALMIGHTY.

Jesus forgave sins.

Jesus approved of people's worship of Him.

Jesus healed people and proved His authority over nature.

He proved He was God by rising from the dead after three days.

If Jesus wasn't God incarnate, then there is no hope for anyone.

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." That exclusive statement by Jesus rules out all man-made efforts to get to God, and therefore, ultimately, heaven.

The way to God is a PERSON, not a religion.

"I am the way."

"I am the door."

"I am the gate."

Test these claims Jesus made about Himself. He is the only way into God's Kingdom: Jesus is the one and only real-life PORTAL into this spiritual dimention... a fourth dimention. His kingdom on earth.

The cross is a spiritual 'black hole' for the world's sins, crimes and evil.

Any organization that makes the (ridiculous) claim "You need Jesus PLUS US to get to heaven." is not from God. Jesus is all you will ever, ever need.

"Come to me all you who are burdened and weary and I will give you rest for your souls. Take My yoke upon you; for My burden is easy, and My yoke is light."

Do this and live..

Do it today.

Tomorrow may be too late.

Angels are spirit creatures. They were created (as spirits) by the uncreated and immaterial Word, who later became flesh as the virgin Mary's child. This Jesus was flesh and was resurrected with a body of flesh and bones, which His disciples saw ascend (bodily) up into the sky till clouds hid Him from their sight.

That is why 1 Corinthians 15:47 speaks of "the second man from heaven" and 1 Timothy 2:5 says the man, Jesus Christ, is the one mediator between God and men. Jesus is in Heave as that one mediator (Heb.9:15).

The Bible also says Jesus is the exact representation (image) of God (Heb. 1:3), but if Jesus has the being of an angel, then that would mean the being of God is that of an angel! That's blasphemy! Scripture teaches that The Word made all things that were made, including angels (John 1:3). Logically, that proves the Word (who later became the man, Jesus) could not have been made Himself.

Also, "It is not to angels that [God] has subjected the world to come" (Heb. 2:5) but He HAS subjected it to His only-begotten Son! This proves that Jesus is no mere Archangel, a created angel of first rank.

• Yahoo User8 months agoReport

John 20:17

Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

• Den B7

Don't drag others down... Apparently scripture hasn't taught YOU!

No, Jesus is the unique fully divine and fully human being, uncreated but begotten.