Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 1 month ago

Yelling, “You aren’t wearing enough clothes” if you aren’t wearing a jacket in the cold: rude?

I go to the gym nearly every day.  It’s one block from home, so the walk is literally one minute.  When it’s cold, I don’t wear a coat because I like cold weather and the hassle of going to the locker room outweighs a minute of being cold.

Every day in the fall and winter, another regular comes up to me and says, “You’re not wearing a coat!”, somewhat forcefully.

Yesterday I was walking down the street in the morning on my way to work, wearing a sweater but not a coat.  He ran up to me and yelled, “You’re not wearing enough clothes!”

Would you find these statements and his behavior offensive or not?

We’re both middle-aged straight men.

Thanks.

Best Answer

Shout back "and you are an aaahole" or "my superior intelligence keeps me warm" or " when you're as hot like me you don't need a coat" or any other suitable Hollaback involving person:a inadequate upbringing.

Yes this is rude, you don't need to explain anything,

• Cee

Tell him to get a life.

Well it's just a social conformity thing. Sometimes it's just easier to be like a normal person and wear a coat, than to deal with that constantly.

Another weak trolling attempt.

yes.................................

Offensive? no

unwarranted? yes

To shut them up just tell them that you only live a minute away and thank them for their concern, but you are fine.

• L

Rude and weird. Like, why would someone be paying THAT much attention to random strangers?