Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Does it make me intolerant that I don't want to live near or associate with right-wingers?

I am a progressive Democrat and do not feel comfortable living in an area that votes Republican. I don't want my kids exposed to people who detest people of color, immigrants, and gays. These groups of people consist of several law-abiding citizens that continue to get demonized by the right. I want my children to value diversity and love and be well-traveled and well-read, which are ideals from which the Right has deviated.

In summary, right-wingers (particularly Trump supporters) have proven their disdain for Americans who aren't white or straight. I want my children to be smart, not love guns as much as sex toys or be taught creationsim over science. It's just dumb.

I live in Madison, Wisconsin.

Where do you live, Moon Shot? That way, I can make sure I don't live near that "sh!thole".

Best Answer

You are being extremely prejudiced. You are assuming all right wingers and trump supporters hate all those people. You are very wrong. It sounds like you are trying to do the right thing, but unfortunately have been manipulated by the Democrat leaders into believing that people who vote differently are evil. 

We're not 'libs and cons', we're all people. Let's stop the tribalism.

I have known many people who are Trump supporters and republicans, and they were almost all very against racism and hurting people, they mostly were just sick of exactly what you show here: Prejudice, assumptions, tribalism, and the way some people who identifies as democrat seem to believe they are heroes and anyone who believes differently than them are villains. 

Yes, some people who are Republican may believe different things are best for what to about immigration, and some may believe that being gay is a sin and that gay marriage should be illegal, but that doesn't equal hatred. It often just means they are trying to do what's right. (no pun intended.)

They may be wrong in the way they go about, maybe they're wrong. But they are trying to do what's right most of the time. Just like you and me. They are not evil incarnate and raging 'homophobes' and racists and what not.

And you are not better than them just cause you vote democrat.

• atomic fireball
      4 weeks agoReport

bills of anybody who gets arrested, etc, etc, etc? Wow, I’m sure damned sorry I took your side when you asked the original question because either you’re being extremely disingenuous right now or you really are a very confused person. One or the other. I won’t speculate upon other possible reasons.

• Joseph

Yes you are intonerant, if you can not peacefully allow someone to have a different opinion, you are the very definition of intolerance.

Whoever said we had to tolerate everything and everyone? There are a lot of things we should not tolerate. We're Americans after all.

• Asker here. You're right. I guess I don't have to tolerate right-wingers and continue to keep my distance, but my post was based on some illogical fallacies, which made me look dumb. Hence why I chose the BA that I did.

• Nick

Yes it does. Everybody is free to have an opinion. How would you like it if I said I don’t want to live near socialists? Or associate with them?

• No clue what that means

SIMPLY REVERSE THE QUESTION to find your answer. Would it mean that a 'right-winger' was 'intolerant' if they didn't want to live near YOU?

• canadacraig
      4 weeks agoReport

ForeverFREE. Fortunately - most people are not as ignorant as you are.

• car253

The right don't think they are being racists. They think they have the right to discriminate based on religion. Problem is slavery was based on the same idea. We no longer allow slavery based on religion. And, the right think that its ok to discriminate against gays. That is not ok either. It is good to listen to other people's ideas. There is good and bad in both parties. But it is NEVER ok to discriminate for any reason, especially based on religion.

• Jim4 weeks agoReport

SO.. SON.. Stop being a F U C K I N G asshole.. yes, YOU .. you are the asshole thinking you are right.. You're not.

No, but maybe ignorant yes... If you hate their support of Christian right values, don't talk about it to them & say to them you don't like to hear it from them. If you think all who support it are stupid, you are not smart either. It differs from one person to another. Even if all make mistake in it, you can't still be sure you are right, too. Because you are impatient, Not intolerant exactly, you can be in mistake not them. Or they can be in mistake Now in this condition. They may see what you don't see. Anyways, mere political views should not be splitting people. Unless it is more...

• RICK
      4 weeks agoReport

Impossible to be on the right and to be a true Christian

No, it doesn’t make you intolerant. Just sane and non-masochistic. You want a peaceful existence. How could that be considered unreasonable? Life ‘in the marketplace’ is hard enough without being forced to commingle with those who make one uncomfortable when one returns to the sanctuary of one’s home. “A man’s home is his castle.” Most castles came equipped with moats and drawbridges to keep out undesirables...

• Impeach 45
      4 weeks agoReport

^So, let me get this straight: Mark, you chose that answer as your BA just because you wanted to be "reasonable"? Screw that! Your original post was PERFECTLY reasonable. Stop apologizing to these CONtards and letting them make you feel bad for your question. 

Jump off a cliff please *****. Stop ******* brainwashing your kids and allow them to form their own opinions. **** you piece of ****

Damn another Einstein!