Rebecca S asked in Food & DrinkEntertaining · 1 month ago

When you need an event catered, do they bring tables, chairs, chafers and stuff?

This year we are going to have our company Christmas lunch party in one of the empty offices in our building and I am designated to plan it.  Rule is, there are no rules.  I can have anything I want as long as I stay under $4,000 for 50 people.  

We don't have the tables & chairs, serve ware, chafers, utensils, things like.  Do catering companies include all those things, or singularly the food?  

Update:

So some do, some down. How do I go about finding companies that do?

I'm asking this question because I'm not getting anywhere in the search.

What do I put into Google?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

When you contact the catering company, Tell them your requirements / needs and they will tell you if they can supply everything you need.

• Clive
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Generally no. Normally you would do it in a venue that already has that. Caterers cater, and that's it.

• 1 month ago

Caterers will be very flexible and can offer just what you need. I suggest you call a couple caterers and discuss your ideas with them.

• 1 month ago

Try talking to event planners. They consolidate all the stuff for a party including food, beverage, tables, seating, food and beverage, cleanup and sometimes entertainment. Start with that bunch and see what you can get. Otherwise you'll be dealing with rental places and food providers, and find yourself putting on tablecloths and lighting buffet heaters.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

They provide whatever you pay them to provide. Some churches will loan or rent tables and chairs.

• 1 month ago

Catering companies will either have all that stuff, or know where it can be rented so you can rent it, or arrange the renting on your behalf. You'll have to ask when you talk to the caterer.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Party rental place can handle the banquet tables, chairs, linens, etc. You can decide if you want them to provide plates/silverware or if you'd like to do disposable.

Food is a different ball of wax. How simple or elaborate you go is up to you.

• 1 month ago

That depends on the company. Ask them what's involved. If the catering (food) people don't, there are other companies that do. Just Google around or ask the catering who they recommend.

• 1 month ago

Many do. Either that or you can rent what you need from a rental service. In order to keep costs under control, I'd suggest getting quotes from some caterers with and without those things and compare that with rentals. It may be that you can save money by doing the rentals separately.

• 1 month ago

you are going to contact catering companies anyway and it is best to ask them what is best than tell them because they would know.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.