Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 1 month ago

Wedding Notification Only? What would you think of receiving a notification that two people are getting married on a certain date, but it?

is not an invitation to attend the wedding nor the reception. The couple are either eloping then, having a tiny wedding, or a court house wedding. It is just a notification that two people are getting married on a certain date. It is just to let others know that they will officially be a Mr and Mrs.

No responses needed after October 12, 2019. Thanks.

• Ocimom

You might have an invitation sent separately but I would just wait and see what happens.

• Foofa

That seems like a brazen gift grab to me. Just send a card and be done with it.

• Kelly

I would find it rather rude, to let me know the details of an event that is coming up which you are planning to exclude me from.

Now if a couple has already married privately, eloped, had a destination wedding and sent out a notice to friends and family, I wouldn't care. I like to see the pictures and generally send a gift/card to them.

sooo.... like Facebook? christ no one cares. just update it on Facebook and everyone will know and there you go. I don't want a damn envelope in the mail. no one cares... good luck...

Lots of people send announcement s. You get one if you aren't iñvited to the wedding.

If I received it after the wedding, I would just view it as a heads-up. Depending on my relationship with the couple I might send a card or gift.

If I received it before the wedding, I’d view it as a gift grab. “We’re getting married but you’re not invited” ... wtf is the point of that?

I've never seen this, but it would hit me way wrong. In fact, it's actually rude, because it's alerting you to a big event happening soon to which you are NOT cordially invited. Ish.

For people who do marriage announcements, these come after the wedding just as an fyi and also sometimes to give a new address.

• drip

It is called an announcement. And it is common to send out announcements to family and friends after the couple have married. When they have eloped or had a small private ceremony.

I have never heard of sending them out before the couple get married,

I would think it is wonderful that two people I know are getting married and would send a card

nobody is going to care. you are only going to ruin any relationships you have with others