How are people uploading movies, ads, TV shows, etc., without using VHS, VCRs and other old tech?

Hi. I am curious about this. I know VHS and VCRs are no longer being commercially produced, and video rental stores are rare. I assume whatever video stores are left still carry VHS tapes in them for rental and/or sale.

I know people would transfer what's on VHS tapes, laserdiscs, Blu ray, etc. to video sharing sites- YouTube, Metacafe, Dailymotion, etc.

How are people uploading movies, TV shows, ads, music videos, etc., without using VHS and VCRs and other old video and media formats and tech?

I am including current pieces of entertainment and media.

Are people making such recordings and uploading them using DVRs?

How are people making videos in which they record and show pics of record and/or cassette tape and/or CD covers set to music and showcasing them on video sharing sites?

How are people making videos of radio recordings to be showcased on video sharing sites? Or videos of any kind of audio recordings to be showcased on video sharing sites?

How are people making video showcases of comic panels?

I know people can record video these days using smartphones and whatever digital devices they have.

Are people still using old-fashioned video cameras? I know digital cameras are being used.

Are people still using old-fashioned tape recorders?

I don't know too much about current tech but I would like to know how this is done.

Please help- thank you.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • opurt
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They're not selling new VHS tapes, VCRs or other old tech. That doesn't mean that all the ones already out there suddenly disappeared.

• 1 month ago

Since you asked more than one question, I'm only going to answer one right now.

Few people are still using analog and tape based recording systems. Digital audio and video recorders are ubiquitous and any smart phone is both, as well.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.