$700 for a minor doctor visit?

Long story short: I scheduled a physical, which the doctor changed to a differently type of visit.

She issues a blood and ultrasound. All costing around $700

. I was pretty healthy just wanted to check on my thyroid. Is this excessive? Or normal for an office visit?

Asking cause I don’t visit the doctors often and this seems ridiculous. She also had a really rude and demeaning manner which doesn’t add to her case.

Blood is a test for thyroid disfunction.

Not enough info, and you need to look exactly what was ordered and done, The ultrasound is probably the expensive component. You should call the office and discuss this.

EDIT--look at the bill, what is listed-it should itemize the actual office visit, the tests, or the send out charge, the ultrasound etc. If it doesnt, you call the office and request an itemized bill, you dont talk to the Dr, you talk to the office manager. Also, i do you have insurance? What they submit and what you ultimately pay may be two completely different things.

• Jay

not sure what the question is. you're supposed to put it in the header anyways.