Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 1 month ago

Wedding Dances Reception? How would you feel if you went to a Wedding, and then afterwards the reception had no food, but it had plenty?

of great fast paced dancing music, And everyone could enjoy dancing.

18 Answers

Relevance
  • john
    Lv 4
    1 month ago
    Best Answer

I think that would be pretty strange. Why do you suppose the couple did it this way? Are you comfortable enough with them to ask them why there was no food? Maybe I'm rude to suggest this but if I were really hungry--if I'd driven a long way to be at the wedding and there was no food--I'd politely ask them if there were a place nearby where I could get something to eat because I was really hungry. [Was there at least soda and maybe wine and beer? Gosh, just tap water?]

My brother and his wife had a potluck reception. However, it was a small town in the midwest and that's just how they did things there. There were no surprises for anyone.

But to just spring 'no food' on unsuspecting guests? Heck, even all the

funerals I've been to have had food for the attendees.

• Kelly
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I can go to a bar for that.

• GEEGEE
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Dancing can be fun for most guests but generally there is something to eat. Perhaps not a meal but at least some cocktail party foods, or even just cake.

• 1 month ago

I would view it as rude if they had no good of any kind.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I would feel embarrassed for the couple...they couldnt afford hors d ovres or a meal.. and I know how it feels Im not talking about just starting off on your own Im talking about then and thirty years later only able to afford the necessities of life still. Theres no point in taking out a loan no money to pay it back. I have a college diploma and employed in my field twelve years and still making new hire salary nobody's fault just so. My sister had a family potluck wedding. She sprang for napkins one bottle champagne and sheet cake. Not so bad homemade gown rented tuxes and flowers.

• Lita
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I wouldn't enjoy it as much as I would enjoy a wedding reception with food.

• 1 month ago

I would wonder where the damned food was.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It wouldn't be called a wedding reception. It would be called "if you can't afford a wedding reception, then don't have one."

• If you're not serving food but you are serving alcohol, your guests could get very drunk as they have no food in their system to absorb the alcohol. Also your guests are going to work up an appetite while they're dancing, they need something to eat. Even if it's just finger foods or snack foods, you should have something for your guests to eat.

I would feel hangry (hungry and angry) and slighted if there was no food at a wedding I was going to. Or I would feel like I was going to pass out or faint. Or like the couple just doesn't care about giving their guest decent food.

• 1 month ago

I'd feel hungry.

• Brian
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I'd be sure and pack a flask.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.