Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 1 month ago

why won’t my computer turn on?

there’s only a green solid light on the back  that’s on. the computer won’t start, i’ve repluged everything in again but nothing is working. any solutions?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

May be a bad power supply

they go out with little to no warning

• 1 month ago

It has a fault.

• 1 month ago

take it to a technician.

• 1 month ago

put that bugger out on the curb. then get a new one

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It could be something as simple as the power switch has gone bad. Or it could be the motherboard. You can test power switch yourself by following the power switch wires to the connector. Notice watch pins the power wires connect to unplug the switch and momentarily close the connection with a jumper wire. If the computer starts up you know it's the switch. I've had power supplies that have gone bad and the green light is still on. Try the switch first and if that's not it you'll have to take it in and have it checked

• 1 month ago

Operator error. The fault is not telling what "computer" make, model, operating system, components inside and outside, what happened just before (power outage, lightning, normal power off for hours, what you use it for.

• 1 month ago

Bad power supply, button, power board, or inverter

It's also possible that the power supply has failed. ... Also, verify the power button cable is correctly connected to the motherboard. If the power supply connections look ok, but the computer still cannot turn on, your computer has a bad component.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.