Is seitan healthy?
I'm talking about seitan you make at home with regular flour at home, not the processed ones at restaurants and stores.
- Anonymous4 weeks ago
Nope. Are you a seitan worshipper, by any chance?
- Boko HaramLv 44 weeks ago
Healthy for women, but unhealthy for men if soy is involved in it.
- 1 month ago
At a family reunion, we always find ourselves having fun, and most of all we find ourselves eating all kinds of food. Sometimes this makes us think if we should slow down. It is OK to eat like there is no tomorrow for the occasion, but what happens when we eat fatty, greasy foods everyday of our lives? All cholesterol is not good for the human heart. adult children usually have to see my father at the end of the table as he gobbles down his favorite fatty foods.
At the end of the day after everybody had left you start teaching your father, telling him that he has to watch what he eats especially at his age. One person can not change what food is put on the table, because it is the woman of the house who did the cooking. The women can change what is brought to the table, and it will make a big difference to the health of your family. Here is an example of a healthy recipe for the family:
This is called the basic Seitan. It is a substitute for meat, and this consists of wheat gluten, which is very high in protein, but very low in fat. If you have the right materials this dish can be very easy to make.
This dish you will either fall in love with or hate it with all you have. If you end up loving it, follow the recipe because it is easy to follow. If you've never heard of the dish, try it. Remember, what is left after indulging can be stored in the refrigerator up to a week and a half without it going.
1 x gallon of water
1 x piece of ginger
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 x cup of gluten flour (also known as 80% gluten or high gluten)
1-2 cups of warm water
These ingredients make 2 pounds.
1) A big pot of gallons of water with soy sauce and a piece of ginger must be brought to a boil. Meanwhile:
2) While that would, mix gluten and 1-2 cups of warm water with your hands and until the mixture eventually became sticky blobs.
3) Next, you should run the cold water blob and then knead it with your knuckles for about 3 minutes. Remember to change the water once it turns cloudy. If gluten is fresh, it will hold the dough together. If it is not fresh, the batter will break it apart. In this case, just collect the pieces and press it into the blob.
4) Once the water starts to boil, cut the gluten into pieces (about the size of a finger) and drop them into the rapidly boiling water. This can cook for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.