Blu Ray please help?

So I've just started collecting Blu Rays, i brought Hostel 1 and 2 and i noticed the picture quality in Hostel 2 is way better then the quality in Hostel 1 theres a huge difference and im confused help?

I would like to see one of these movies too.

Well, think of it like this.

The first Hostel movie had a budget of about 4 million, and Hostel II had a budget of 10 million. Since the original Hostel had success, it’s only natural that a studio would follow up with a sequel and spend more on its production.

So the blu ray quality of Hostel II would be better because not only is it “newer” but the studio spent more to make the movie.

• opurt

Video quality can have a lot to do with the quality of the original material and the compression and encoding used to get it onto the Blu-Ray disc. Some early Blu-Rays were notorious for being badly encoded and looked no better than a DVD.

Ok so you just started collecting blurays.  What I'm going to do is give you 10 movies and unless you own these, you haven't collected &#$!.

Full Metal Jacket

Being John Malkovich

The Big Lebowski

Reservoir Dogs

Monty Python's Quest for the Grail

Groundhog Day

Ip Man 1

Pulp Fiction

Hanna

Heavy Metal

Oh, and if watching Hanna turns you into a Saoirse Ronan fan, check out "How I live now".

don't collect blue rays

The specs show that the first of those really stupid movies is 1080P, so it should look as good as nay other BluRay.