Did Selma Blair get MS because she was vegan?

I read that the nerve is protected by myelin, which consists of saturaree fat and cholesterol. If the myelin is damaged, you get MS. So my question is, is veganism a cause of MS since these people don't eat much fat? Let alone enough of it? I mean even monkeys are not vegan ffs.

• patty

its bad luck i'd say

MS is more prevalent in inland states(in the US) and it has been suggested that the lack of vitamin D may have something to do with it. People in upper Midwest don't get enough sun for roughly 8 months of the year, lots of people have indoor jobs, not as many people live on farms where they work outdoors more and also don't eat as much seafood as states along the ocean.

https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Research/Researc...

No. Animals (including humans) produce their own cholesterol and fat. Also, there are several fatty plant-based products (nuts come to mind).

No. Absolutely no connection.

Source(s): My husband has MS. We know more about it than we want to.

i dont think that had anything to do with it

Of course not. Vegans live longer than meat eaters. It's a fact.

• ckngbbbls
      1 month agoReport

bullshit.
      Just plain bullshit. You think being vegan will protect you against car accidents, strokes caused by too much triglycerides(which come from too many carbs, NOT MEAT) genetic illnesses too?

• .

The cause of multiple sclerosis is unknown, but it's an autoimmune disease. I had a somewhat similar disorder called Guillain Barre Syndrome. And I've never been a vegan.

• Yes I had Guillain Barre syndrome as well. The virus triggered my immune system to attack my nerves a little. I got some delayed responses and sometimes a small paralysis. In general auto immune diseases are caused by an overly clean llifestyle no? A bored immune system. Vitamin D deficiency is wack