gaming pc mic not working help asap?

built a new computer Joey Delgado 750 dollar budget gaming pc and it works fine however when i plugged in my mic it didnt work? i installed the drivers but when i plug it in theres no sound from the microphone please help?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

1| Realtek powered audio devices have been hardest hit by users and systems that migrated to Windows 10. Unfortunately there isn't that many options for fixing but here goes.

2| You can try uninstalling and reinstalling the audio drivers from your manufacturer's site and/or from Realtek's site.

3| Make sure you're installing them in an elevated command;

Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Failing that you can try and install the drivers in compatibility mode:

Right click installer>Properties>Compatibility>Windows x from the drop down menu.

4| Have you made sure your motherboard BIOS is up to date?

5| I could ask you to try and reinstall your OS to a previous version like Windows 7 to see if the issue is resolved but how about you try and perform a repair install for Windows 10?

6| The last thing to do is to purchase a USB driven sound card or an add-on PCI-E based sound card, though they won't be cheap.

• Robert J
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

If the audio is otherwise working, it's extremely unlikely to be a problem with the realtek drivers.
      If audio is not working at all, it's a different matter - but the OP said the machine itself works fine.

• 1 month ago

maybe you can take it to a computer store and have them fix it

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

maybe you should take it to a computer place and ask them to fix it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.