see below?

I'm single and in 2018 I was on SS and for 4 months I  worked part-time and made 6,000 do I file short form and take the standard deduction or not file because of the low amount beyond my SS? 

File. Even if you don't have to file, not filing is often a problem, because you sometimes need a copy for one thing or another.

You still have to file because you had income.  SS is income.  If your tax return comes out to owing nothing, that's fine, but you still have to file.

• Eva

There is no such thing as a short form anymore. Unless you had federal and/or state income tax withheld from your pay, you don't need to file. You would have to file to get that refunded. Standard deduction is now $12,000 so you're well under the filing requirement.

• Judy

There isn't a "short form" or "long form" any more, just one 1040 that everyone files. Yes you take the standard deduction.

i would call a tax place and ask them this question

• e9601:

So what is your question?

For the IRS, there no longer is a "short form" or 1040EZ for 2018.

Everyone files the same 1040.

See below is not a question lol