Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

How many times a day should I feed an adult cat?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • carrie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Best Answer

I feed my cat 3 times a day, morning lunchtime and evening. I have had many cats and always fed them at these times and they have all been healthy happy cats.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

2 times a day. Dry food should not be available for all cats all the time. Some can self-regulate but a lot can't and dry food can cause kidney, urinary and obesity in cats.

Also, wet food doesn't cause tooth decay and dry food doesn't keep their teeth clean; that's all false.

Source(s): Veterinary Assistant
  • 1 month ago

One and to times,they steal also!so they kill them with food eventually,but in the cae that you keep them with no caution with.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

27 times per day.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • PAMELA
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Morning and evening, make sure that fresh water is down for them all the time.

• 1 month ago

Twice a day is fine - Breakfast and Dinner.

When I don't have work I'll give my cats and dog a snack for lunch!

I feed my cats wet food as their main bulk of their diet with limited grain free dry - 1 tablespoon for each cat as a little snack when I am home.

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Twice a day (morning and supper time (about 10-12 hrs apart). Feed a high quality canned food with very little dry. Do NOT free feed dry food in a bowl. Too much dry can lead to obesity, liver/kidney problems and UTI's (which can cause death if not treated in time.

• WOOWHO
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

DRY food .... OPEN on demand

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i would ask a vet this question, im sure your cat will also let you know when shes hungry too

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

My cat will only eat dried. So a full bowl and she grazes during the day.

• Fuhr
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

As often as it demands. Cats are our overlords.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.