Could this work as a budget gaming pc base ? ?

A Dell 1070 mini tower windows 7 8 gig ram ? 

Hey sorry i used my phone to post this meant to be 7010 mini tower my bad

Best Answer

Is that the actual model number? I couldn't find anything for "Dell 1070 minitower PC" The closest I could find was Dell OptiPlex 7010 Mini Tower w/ 8GB of RAM, a 500 GB HDD and Windows 7.

The big issue would be the graphics card and the size of the case. That's a SFF (Small Form Factor) case, so you'll need to find a SFF graphics card like a 1050 or 1060 and possibly upgrade the power supply.

Unless you have no other system, I recommend getting rid of this one and building a better system.

" budget gaming pc", is an oxymoron.

Throw out the motherboard, drives, RAM, PSU, case, and keep the power cord. Build a decent system attached to that.

Maybe for older games, but certainly not most of today's titles. Aim bigger, go for at least a latest generation Core i7, 16gb ram (preferably 32gb) and a multitude of some grade A graphics cards. It'll cost ya, but then you're good to go to take on just about anything. You want your games to run smooth, right?

• The majority of games do not require more than 16 GB of RAM. 32 GB is still overkill for most use cases unless you're doing video editing or other memory intensive tasks.

• Lv 7

mini towers are low power systems, not meant even for light gaming.

gaming rigs need high power, full towers...