What is meant by a Probation warning ?

So, I fled the country (UK), during, the same day that I was meant to see my Probation Officer just to be with my family. She later emailed me to say why I didn’t attend our appointment and I said to her “because I had another appointment” and she said “oh ok, next time when you come in can you bring evidence of your appointments because you cannot be missing your appointment without a valid reason...”

I don’t know what to do because I don’t have any “proof” to show that I’ve attended an “appointment” as I’ve left the country. 

It says here that you have to have a valid reason to miss your appointment  and I am not sure if “visiting my family aboard” counts:

https://www.prisonersfamilies.org/breach/

Best Answer

1. Visiting family is not an "appointment," and not a valid excuse for missing appointment with probation officer.

2. You lied to your probation officer by saying you had another appointment.

3. You left the country without permission of the court - that's absconding, international flight to avoid prosecution.

Each of these is a serious to major violation of probation, sufficient to issue a warrant for your arrest, revocation of probation, and additional criminal charges. Warning: you violated probation. Showing up for your next scheduled probation appointment without proper documentation for missing the appointment can get your probation revoked & you'll be locked up in jail. Failure to show up for your next appointment will get a warrant issued for your arrest.

Claiming you don't understand what a probation warning is, or even asking what a probation warning is, along with your criminal actions here, is so idiotic it falls into the category of "too stupid to live."

• Lisa A

It means that you go back to jail

• Foofa

Sounds like you've absconded and may well have a warrant out for your arrest.

• Clive

Visiting family is not a valid reason. And you made it worse by lying to your probation officer, and not asking her permission to be away. She might be nice and just give you an official warning not to do it again. That would be a warning.

But what she strictly ought to do is send you back to court so they can reassess your sentence. Which will definitely happen next time if you ignore the warning.

Leaving the country without permission DOES NOT COUNT AS A VALID REASON.

• audrey

If you have left the country, you're in way more trouble than a missed appointment. You're going to jail.

• Clive
      1 month agoReport

Not necessarily. Clearly you don't know how it works.

• Maxi

You are on probation, left the country without first getting permission from your PO........ you can be sure that the 'POs warning' means that once you are back and continue to break the PO rules you will find yourself serving a prison sentence as probation is a 'chance' given to you to learn to live by societies rules and not be sentenced to prison time

• Eva

No it doesn't as you didn't have to go. It's usually against the rules to leave the country as well, so you're in a lot of trouble. You are supposed to ask permission any time you wish to travel. You should have just rescheduled your appointment instead of just not showing up.

It means stop pooping in the street.

• Clive
      1 month agoReport

The joke section is thataway, dear.