Anonymous

Why didn’t the Defeo  family wake up ?

If the house in amityville was not so haunted explain 

why didn’t the family wake up when the boy was blasting the rifle obviously there was a ghost plus he woke up at 3:15 am lol.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Nobody is sure they weren't awake. The cause of death for everyone was ruled as gunshot wound, not sleep apnea. But I might be able to explain it for you, because there's something you don't know about guns.

The thing you don't know about guns is this: They're really, really loud. If you fire anything more powerful than a .22, especially inside, you'll be temporarily deaf for five or ten minutes. You'll hear a little pop or whoomp, then nothing but "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" because your eardrums are in shock. You won't even be able to hear your own voice.

Now you know why everyone at the firing range stuffs cotton in their ears and puts on those big disco headphone things before they start shooting. And that's why a high powered rifle wouldn't wake anyone up at close range.

• 1 month ago

This was one of the very first of the mysteries that baffled police concerning the Amityville case. People in their own nearby homes heard the gunshots during the night, yet every member of the family was found in a perfectly relaxed position in their beds even though the gun was fired repeatedly in their own house. According to forensics, it was as if nobody heard the gun as their sleep was undisturbed. I read about this and saw it on the TV at the time of the murders. I think this had to be something of a paranormal nature as it certainly was not normal. Some people will automatically jump for the word "demon." God only knows but this is not the first time and won't be the last time that people will look beyond the normal for answers.

• According to wiki "Physical evidence suggests that Louise DeFeo and her daughter Allison were both awake at the time of their deaths."

I suppose when you are in a deep sleep and you suddenly wake to a loud sound it might take you a little while to work out what was going on, plus Ronald Jr might have told them it was something else and that they would be safer to stay where they were, since he was their brother they would have presumably trusted him and not expected to be shot.

Since ghosts are fictional that was obviously not the cause.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.