What to do in San Francisco?

I’m thinking about going to San Francisco for my birthday and I need some suggestions on what I could do while I’m over there. I’m a big fan of Metallica and I know that they are based over there so any tourists things that involve Metallica would also be great 

• Jerry

Be sure to visit Chinatown and eat unfamiliar foods.

Visit City Lights Bookstore in North Beach and explore the neighborhood. Eat more garlic than you thought you could at The Stinking Rose.

Ride out to Ocean Beach and visit the zoo. The hamburgers are really good so eat there too; it's one of the few reasonably priced places I ran across LOL. When the zoo closes, watch the sun set over the Pacific.

Go to Golden Gate Park and visit the Japanese pavilion.

Bar hopping on Castro and 18th.

• John

https://www.sftravel.com/

My brother in law archives their sound but you can't go there........;} There's really very little in public about Metallica that I'm aware of. No store downtown or anything. They are playing here next March but it's a benefit and will surely be expensive - see their website. They are actually based in Marin County, which is north of the Golden Gate but there's nothing public there, either. I know people see Hetfield in the store or at school with his kids and he's just Hey....... Regular guys wanting regular lives.

The above link is museums and such. The free rag about which clubs have what and such is www.sfweekly.com