Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 month ago

Can I eat these ramen noodles everyday?

Is it unhealthy?

https://vegansupply.ca/products/koyo-asian-vegetab...

To b clear I'm not vegan. I just happened to find these healthier (no preservatives and MSG, lower salt .etc.) ramen noodle packages on a site that happened to be vegan.

Assuming I eat other relatively healthy things like lean meat, veggies, fruits .etc., is it OK to eat the ramen everyday? I'm just addicted to ramen ok :(

• Dimo
    Best Answer

Oy Vey! Calories 210 / Sodium 710mg

You are talking about a light lunch with half day's sodium. For me, rather unhealthy.

Also boring, I like a variety of foods. But it won't kill you.

• Wendigo
      1 month agoReport

Actually that's about one third of the daily recommended sodium intake. The American Heart Association actually raised the allowable intake to twenty four hundred milligrams.

• Janet

Ramen noodles are NOT healthy. You should eat them only rarely. As a treat maybe.

• Mark

No, Ramen noodles are incredibly high is sodium and fat. Plus, why would you like to eat the same thing every day?

• Ramona

It has no nutritional value what so ever but it's filling. Ramen started in Japan, the government made these noodles for the poor to be filling. They can add what they have, veg, meat or just basic with noodles and seasoning.

They have low sodium but in comparison to A LOT! Half of a lot is still a lot.

As I have gotten older, i'm realizing by eating in a way of intuitive eating (I eat what my body craves) IE: veggies, fruit, fish, healthy foods. Since I have been doing that and not just eating filling foods like Ramen, rice, pasta, my depression has lifted since I started eating nutrients, not skipping meals. Now I feel lighter, less tired (I could get exhausted) so eat wisely.

If you are tied financially, try to eat at least one salad a day along with your Raman. It's a start and you'll feel so much better.

• Wendigo
      1 month agoReport

Go look up the mandates by the U.S. government, requiring that flour after processing be enriched with what what removed from the flour. It might surprise you, but the flour used for noodles such as Raman, has more nutrition than what is thought, or claimed. I won't eat it due to the sodium level.

It won't kill ya, but I wouldn't call it the best option either. Try whole grain rice as it is way more nutritious.