My 8 Months baby can't carry his head or sits as expected of his age?

He suffered 'Joindis' at 2 Months old and now his performance seems out of proportion. We took him to two different children hospitals and they recommended exercise therapy but yet I'm afraid. Is there anything I should do before it's too late?

Um. The exercise therapy recommended by the doctors. Duh. He had jaundice. That's lack of vitamin d. Nothing to do with his head

• Edna

You baby experienced "Joindis" at 2 months of age? I think you mean he experienced "jaundice" when he was 2 months old.

I would follow the recommendations of the doctors your child has seen - the recommended therapy is what you can do before it is too late.

It's not the sitting up I am concerned with, but by 8 months, he should definitely be able to hold his head up. Even if you are afraid, he needs to get some help. I would also be getting a full physical assessment on him to make sure there is nothing else seriously wrong.

Get your son into the physical therapy program recommended by your doctors and follow the exercise program they create.  That is the first and most obvious thing to do.  Being afraid isn't going to change the reality of what is going on with your son.  Of course, you can also ask for a referral to a specialist.  A different doctor might find it appropriate to test for any number of rare conditions -- or they might tell you to get that physical therapy before spending more time, money, and pain for your child on tests.

Yes. I mean 'Jaundice'.

• Byrd

Obviously you should follow their advice regarding therapy. And do you mean jaundice??????