Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 1 month ago

When weighing a baby, is it best to weigh them BEFORE they're fed or does it not matter ?

Should I feed my baby first thing in the morning before they're fed or can i do it whenever for an accurate measurement

7 Answers

Relevance
  • GB
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

If you have been told by a doctor or other health professional that you need to weigh your baby daily, then why didn't you ask them this?

• Mark
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Iť is bes to wait a good 8 hrs aftr

being feed simply so you're not going

to be factoring in watr weighť ťôô :)

• 1 month ago

Why would you be weighing your baby that often anyway? If there's a medical concern, your doctor would've given you specific instructions on how and when to weigh your baby.

• Juana
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

before fed, in the morning. It'st he most accurate, i think.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • jlb
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

A feeding isn't going to change baby's weight significantly, just as when baby pees or poops he won't change much. However, if you are doing weighted feeds you need to be weighing baby, in grams, before and after a feeding w/o changing clothes or diaper in between.

Unless there is some cause for concern, you really don't need to weigh baby daily. That's just making unnecessary work for yourself. If there is cause for concern, your care provider should have given you clear instructions on how and when to weigh baby.

• 1 month ago

Probably before is the best. If the amount of food changes daily, the weight is more variable. Whatever you choose stay consistent for accurate comparison.

In addition, I suggest you do not feed your baby twice in the same morning.

• 1 month ago

Why are you weighing the baby every day? Unless there's been some concern about the baby's growth, that really isn't necessary. Whatever you do, just be consistent. If you want to track the baby's growth from day to day, always weigh at the same time and under the same conditions- whether before feeding or after.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.