Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsEngineering · 1 month ago

would a master degree in computer engineering help me get a job?

couldn't find relevant work after getting a bachelors degree in electrical engineering(ended up working in a warehouse).

So on my dad's instance I went back to school to get my masters in computer engineering(took computer engineering electives for my undergrad and liked that better.)

But I feel that if I couldn't find related work or even an internship with an EE degree there must be something drastically wrong with me and getting an MS would not make a difference.

Is there really a point for me to keep going?

7 Answers

  • 4 weeks ago

    Yes sure u have many more chances to get job

  • Who
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    nope - in itself its a waste of time unless you go on to a doctorate so you can do research

  • 1 month ago

    Find and take a course in resume writing. Learn how to sell yourself and your skills, how to find and interview for a job. How to compete for the opening you want. It is the most useful skill you will ever obtain.

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    you dont need a masters in engineering to get a job

    you are then considered overqualified

    what you need are contacts a rich influential

    uncle or perhaps a US Senator as a relative

    if you are in the US

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    Getting an advanced degree won't help at this point. It sounds like you need to relocate. There are areas that have a lost of computer jobs. Silicon Valley is the most obvious one, but there are also a lot of openings in the DC area, Pittsburgh, Boston and other areas.

  • 1 month ago

    Yes, you have a widther job hunting chance after obtain a master degree, like teaching in university.

  • 1 month ago

    Yes, there must be something incredibly wrong with you if you can't find a job with an EE degree. And getting a Masters will not change that something that is incredibly wrong.

    Source(s): I am going to guess that your problem is that you refuse to relocate to another part of the country.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.