Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCommuting · 1 month ago

Which job would you take?

Each job is guaranteed 40 hours a week.

My vehicle has 190,000 miles.

And a 1 hour commute to and from work for 6 days is exactly $60.00/week in gas for my car.Job #1 is 16.55 an hour with a 1 hour commute to and from. It also requires my personal vehicle to travel the district. Job #2 is 15.42 an hour and is also a 1 hour commute to and from. But I stay in one place.Job #3 is 12.00 an hour with a 20 minute commute to and from.Which one would you take?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Phil M
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Best Answer

If job 1 doesn't pay for your mileage, I would rule that one out. I probably would even if they did, being a high mileage car. So between 2 and 3, I would drive 40 more minutes a day for an extra $3.42 an hour. So, if all other factors were equal, I would pick job 2.

• Josh1 month agoReport

I agree. Though the job does pay for mileage. I probably shouldn't risk it due to so many repairs it's needed in the past. It's a Ford btw HAHA

• John
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Each job is not guaranteed 40 hours a week. Many jobs require that you work 56 hours a week. I once had a job that demanded 80 hours a week and it was a never ending job.

• Kyle
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i assume these are commutes when traffic is normal. you should add on 30 minutes if you're driving in rush hour by any means, if not 45 minutes. if moving closer to where the better opportunity is, or if these aren't potential careers, take the third job and just keep looking elsewhere.

• 1 month ago

i would move...........................

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • JetDoc
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If "job #1" requires you to use your own personal vehicle for business purposes, you should be reimbursed for miles travelled.

• Kyle
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

even if the company doesn't reimburse him directly he can mark those miles off taxes each year instead. it's not as much but it's something.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.