Should I be concerned with a customer drinking too much wine at dinner?

I'm a server of an uppidy restaurant. A man came in with his family and he ordered a bottle of wine. Turns out he ordered it for himself. He was there for 2 straight hours, and had a 3 course meal (his entree was a heavy filling large one). He never showed signs of lowered inhibitions or anything. Should I be worried if he got home okay? I worry alot so any help would be appreciated. The dram-shop rules freak me out and I never want to overserve someone. In this case how much he drank was out of my control since the bottle was on the table and he could serve himself as much as he wanted.

• Sammy

None of your GD business!

Not at all. Not your problem.

That shouldn't be your problem. Ask you manager for a copy of the restaurant rules for serving alcohol to potentially inebriated guests. Tell him/her you are most concerned with bottle service, where staff has not input into limiting/stopping pours. Remember that absent written guidelines that are followed, it's the restaurant that will get the court summons.

If he was there with his family his partner probably drove home.

• Sparky

He may have a good alcohol tolerance, plus he ate a fair bit of food.

If you are really worried, maybe tell the family in conversation that the police were breath testing customers leaving the restaurant earlier in the day / week.

Why would you be concerned? Lots and lots of people would consume a bottle of wine with their meal, particularly a three-course meal lasting two hours.

I don't see what it has to do with you really. I don't see an issue.

Is there something you've not told us!

• polly

Wine generally wine only has a 12% alcohol volume.

Even if he drank the whole thing himself he wouldn't have been particularly inebriated

You are worrying TOO LATE. If any concern you should have done something about it THEN, NOT After he left.

yes you should be......

Uhmm yaaa alcolhico