Moving to the Netherlands?

Hi, I fully want to move to the Netherlands, more specifically Haarlem so i can commute and find a job in Amsterdam. My uncle who is a dutch citizen because he is half dutch lives there and I was thinking i could possibly move in with him for a little while i find work. 

But what are the steps from A to b, do you think it could be easy to do so considering I am quarter dutch and my uncle is a citizen there now? 

• 1 week ago

Have you ever been there?

• Orla C

You are going to need an employment visa, and having Dutch relatives is not going to do you any good unless you have qualifications that are in demand in the Netherlands. You're also going to need to register as a non-national resident so you should contact the government body involved to find out what documents you'd need to bring with you to speed up this process.

Citizenship and family ties are irrelevant. If you're a non-EU citizen then your changes of getting a work permit are slim, unless you can secure a job and sponsorship from an employer beforehand. For more information see IND-link below. The IND is the Dutch immigration authority, and they can answer all your questions.

• Zirp

there's no such thing as "quarter Dutch".

Do you have job-qualifications that are in short supply here? We need nurses, construction-workers, technicians.... and being fluent in Dutch will help

Talk to the Dutch embassy. They'll give you all the info you need to get a visa, residency requirements, etc.

You may have Dutch heritage; but you don't have Dutch citizenship, and your uncle cannot sponsor you to join him.

What's your citizenship?

Have you researched visa requirements?

• Danii1 month agoReport

I dont have dutch citizenship and I know I don’t, I am British and Brexit will probably be in place by the time i can move, so yeah ill have to look at the visas, thank you x