Help Needed: Dropshipping eBay, PayPal cancellations, refunds, returns & Aliexpress?

I run a small dropshipping business. I advertise electric bikes and motorcycles on eBay that are sourced from China.

This is my dilemma:

An eBay buyer buys an electric bike for £2400 from me, I then use that money to place the order with the Chinese company, the Chinese company then ship the bike to my customers address, whilst the goods are in transit the buyer decides to cancel and demands a refund, eBay case is opened, paypal case is opened, Goods arrive at the buyers address, buyer refuses to accept the goods, goods returned to sender, bike is now lost in the UPS delivery network, PayPal refund the buyer, I now owe £2400 to PayPal and I do not have the bike.

Is there a solution to help mitigate my losses?

And

Is there a way I can stop this happening in the future?

Best regards Sean

• John
    Best Answer

You are lucky the buyer refused the shipment. Sometimes they keep the shipment AND take the refund.

Why on earth are you trying to sell something in China??? So, rather than deal with a company in China, where the bike is made...they buy it from someone in GBP...??? Why? Why wouldn't they just buy the same bike from a Chinese ecommerce website??

Want my honest guess about what happened? Someone at the company is working with this person to scam you out of money...and they will succeed.

So ends a drop shipping business. That's the breaks on this.

• Jay

If this is the first time you have done drop shipping then you should cut your losses and get in to another business.

If you have been doing this for awhile and you are making money, then this is a deductible business loss and, if the bike is not found by the end of the year, you write it off.

And...FINALLY...was the package not insured for the amount of the bike? Make a claim with UPS.

if ups lost the bike they should refund u. start writing complaints