My blood pressure was 147/102 with a pulse of 70. Should I see my doctor or change my diet?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • R
    Lv 4
    1 month ago
    Best Answer

You don't do anything based on one reading. You should see your doctor and take your blood pressure multiple times a day and determine the average.

• 1 month ago

That blood pressure is a bit high. If you change your diet, it would likely help a lot... Lose the sugars and food made with grains.. .in other words, no processed foods. Eat whole, heathy foods and healthy fats (NOT refined fats).

You can see your doctor if you want. They will likely put you on medication

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

see  your   doctor  Bring  YOUR   own BP machine  and make  sure   its   accurate, 1st ....   Taking  it  20 times a day  does no good  it gives  you anxiety  about  it  and that  raises it...   Meanwhile,   go to  www,heart.org and  LOOK  up and learn   about   what you can do to help  improve your   pressures   if your  able  to see  the chart below  You will  begin  to see where  You  really should be 

Attachment image
  • Lôn
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The top number is not too bad, the bottom is rather high..... depending on your age, the ideal would be 120/80. It would do no harm to get it checked out...they can give you advice.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Blood pressure should always be taken at rest.  That means after sitting still for 10 minutes and not getting wound up about stuff on your phone.  Since you don't get that opportunity at the doctor's, his blood pressure readings are always going to be high - a phenomenon that makes huge profits for the drug companies.

If your systolic blood pressure remains at 147 at rest, go and see your doctor - but don't panic when he makes in 174.

• 1 month ago

Definitely see a doctor but also definitely exercise. Walking is so helpful with lowering blood pressure.

• 1 month ago

Both would be best.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.