Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceAnthropology · 1 month ago

Are highly intelligent people still programmed to want sex?

Do they still have instincts and hormones/brain chemicals? 

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

No, all intelligent people will be perpetually virgins

• 1 month ago

Yes even if i am over 80

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If they didn't want it, they wouldn't be able to bring more intelligent offspring into the population.

BTW, I've taken IQ tests and I'm definitely more than average. However, my drives are the same as those of anyone else.

• 1 month ago

From a biological point of view, the most intelligent beings are those that pass their genes on to the next generation. Sex (and masturbation) is also positive for your body and mind because it releases tension, increases your heart rate and improves your mood. In addition, there's no evidence that intelligent people have a lower sex drive (why should they?).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Intelligence doesn't suppress the sexual instinct. It's been said that Einstein was a freaking animal when he got alone with the wife.

• JimZ
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes I am. Thanks for asking.

• Mike
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes, just as they are "programmed" to want food.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

As a former sex addict (tested by Mensa 25 years ago to be in the top 7th percentile of the population) I testify:

God has set us up to fail without Him (we were never meant to be our own gods).

He created everyone with a place within reserved only for Him. Without Him a vacuum is created; you will try to fill it with all kinds of things, but nothing will satisfy for long. All the temporary pleasures on the planet cannot fill it.

Any of those pleasures, anything that feels good, can become addictive: the cravings will constantly increase while the level of satisfaction constantly decreases.

The lie of sin says "Immediate gratification with no long term repercussions." but there is always a price to pay.

Without God you remain dead in your sin and don't know it. Go to Jesus to be born again and have eternal life; He turns away none who go to Him seeking mercy.

• 1 month ago

You seem to think that only dumb people can have sex.

Probably the Idiocracy syndrome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZde5VDAA8U

Youtube thumbnail

In real life, libido is not related to IQ.

However, some points in this movie are correct:

- educated people are more likely to understand and use birth control (when idiots reproduce like rabbits)

- wealthy families tend to bear fewer children in order to not divide inheritance too much (when in low-class families, zero divided by anything is still zero)

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

no, they are mechanical robots, so they do not have brains, hormones or sex drives. They will stop working completely when their batteries run out. They will start working again after their batteries have been recharged.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.