Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 months ago

Do Americans see themselves superior to God?

• sarah
    Favorite Answer

No one is superior to God. Many nations are better than the USA. From Canada to Finland. But those who live here do enjoy a lot of freedoms from freedom of worship to freedom of speech. We get to choose who rules over us and rotate them to keep the nation at peace. But in no way does any American think they are superior to others.

Many of us do. Many people across the world do. Some geniuses even pretend, with no logic nor supporting evidence, that there is no God.

I would hope they don't. No one is above God, not even Jesus.

• Nous

Whilst the rest of the West was building universities, hospitals, libraries and cathedrals America was at the frontier stage where charlatan preachers took advantage of the gullible. That is why virtually all the creation and intelligent design sects and cults are American showing they are in fact not Christian but Fundamentalists!

For the ones who think the thing called: god exists, no! Their god = their guru!

Just the progressive libs.

• Doug

There's no way I could possibly speak for all Americans. I can only speak for myself, and I certainly do not see myself as being superior to God. On the contrary, I realize I am a sinner that would be lost and headed for hell if it weren't for the shed blood of Jesus Christ!

Do you know where you are going when you die?

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

• Doug

http://www.northlandchurch.com/heaven