Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 1 month ago

yellow or white diamond for an engagement ring?

Update:

Colorless diamond D or F or bright yellow to be exact

10 Answers

Relevance
  • john
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

I went rogue. I got an opal.

• 1 month ago

Clear seems to be the consensus. Go with clear. Do you know if the yellow ever changes because I heard that over time it can turn clear that could be something to consider.

• Edna
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

A yellow diamond doesn't not turn "clear" over time. Yellow is its color, and will always be its color. Yellow diamonds are usually more expensive than clear diamonds, because yellow diamonds are so rare.

• 1 month ago

I kind of like the yellow ones, but as far as I know, it's not me you're asking to marry you. Ask HER. And if you're HER, tell HIM.

• Personally I prefer white over yellow.

But it's not my choice. You should ask what your partner prefers.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Depends on your and your partner's tastes. I personally like the funky stuff but some people are traditional to where they want a pure white stone.

• Tepee
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That's a personal choice.

• 1 month ago

White...........

• 1 month ago

Ask your partner what they prefer.

If the ring is for you and you’re not sure what you want, consult a jeweler.

• 1 month ago

The color should be clear. Not white or yellow. Color in a diamond makes it less than perfect.

• samiamrd
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Edna, rarity is a myth. Yellow diamonds end up as industrial diamonds. Its all marketing like chocolate several years ago. DeBeers has a lock on the entire market. Sorry, but they are doing a great job of marketing.

• 1 month ago

white is better

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.