Is this gun real? If so, what kind?

I keep on getting this image in my head. It’s a handheld, kinda like a sawed-off shotgun, but it has four barrels (2x2).

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best Answer

Winchester Liberator or , a sawed-off Lancaster four barreled shotgun, but you would have to be an absolute fool to cut the barrel on one of those expensive jewels. Then again there are a ton of fools out there.

• 1 month ago

Such shotguns were made, today, quite vintage and expensive.

Heard of a quad in .45 that would take 410.

A number of pistols, mostly derringers, usually .32 or under.

The vintage pepperbox as many as 6 barrels in one casting.

(One of those in 410 if I recall)

• 1 month ago

Size? Sharps 4 barreled Deringer/pocket pistol was made and a current model fires .22 Rimfire cartridges- sister hasone,carried when doing late night cashier work. .One squared piece of steel with '4 barrels' /holes drilled in it. Old black powder model was made rimfires also, largest was .32(?) Trigger/lockwork has a cylinder firing pin rotating 90 degrees each time fired/******, striking area of cartridge is inside edge. A .38/357 with 3 to 4 inch barrel was made for awhile-not Sharps but some other name., was a variation in lock work of a soviet underwater pistol according to article Guns and Ammo, was on TV show used by one of villians- Miami Vice(?) . Other example was a WW1 era in .455/476, Lancaster named, used by Royal Navy, had a few special cartridges for signalling but mostly standard Webley ammo and officers purchase, some civilian purchase.

• abdul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There used to be a weapon called a "Pepper box" pistol. Some of them had more than 4 barrels. This link shows some photos.

https://www.google.com/search?q=photo+pepperbox+pi...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • C T M
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I've never seen a 4 barrel shotgun, there's a 3 barrel shotgun by Chiappa called the "Triple Threat"

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/produc...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.