Why car dealer salesman blow me off?

As I walked in car dealer, I saw used car I like but it's wrong color. After I looked and test drove this car. It's perfect car except color. I ask salesman if they can get me this car in different color. This sales person just say oh sorry we don't have it in our lot. Leave your number just in case we got this car in. Then haven't heard ever since. Been months already.

Can't he work it out? Maybe try contact another car dealer and then buy car from other dealer then sell it to me? Or even discuss with another dealer in private and arrange to share profits before referring me to another dealer? Or even contact bodyshop and then added price for painting to change color of car I like?

You may say this sale man can't find it, must be kidding, there is several same car in different color at different dealer with similar year/conditions/mileages several hours away.

• JetDoc
    Best Answer

If you think it's so easy to find a USED car in the color that YOU want, then why aren't YOU out looking for one on your own instead of waiting for a salesman to find one for you.

• Greedy4 weeks agoReport

Thought store can order it from other store then add up price on top of their costs then charge me for it so they can make money, win and win.

• Jay P

LOL It's not often I side with a vehicle sales person but in this case, your request is unreasonable for a used vehicle.

You want them to do what YOU'RE supposed to do, SHOP.

It aint gonna happen.

You seem to be confusing used car buying with new car buying. Dealers aren t going to hunt down a used car for your. That s YOUR job.

Because its obvious you are not a serious buyer.

• Bort

It's a used car. They're not going to paint it for you and they can't magically make that same car appear in "the right" color until one comes available which might not happen...because it's a used car.

Color shouldn't be an end-all for a car. That is really the least important thing you should be concerned about when looking to buy a car.

If the car that's the color you want at another dealer go to that dealer and get it.

• Trump 2020
      1 month agoReport

For ME, a black car might look real nice, but I wouldn't own one no matter how much I like it. They're too hot in summer months with outside temps well over 100F

You ask him to do something irrational and idiotic and are upset that he blew you off???? You've put your name on the Time Wasting Nutjob list.

• Scott

If it's a large dealership with multiple locations, he should have checked inventory. If they don't have that capability then it's up to you to find the right car.

• Scott
      1 month agoReport

No, the salesman is there to make sales, not waste time doing good deeds for people. It probably wasn't worth his trouble to do this for you. How about YOU go find the car on Autotrader and then go buy it yourself.

• Eva

There's not much profit in finding a used car for you and bringing it to the dealership just in case you might buy it. If you want it in a different color, it's up to you to go find it and go look at it.

• Greedy1 month agoReport

Guess dealer doesn't want to work it out with another dealer cuz profit get too low if divide the profits between two dealers then.