How to not be such a mess when I’m drunk?

I’m not an alcoholic but I like to go out and have a few drinks with my friends. Although I’ve lately been finding that my friends have to mind me because I get in such a bad state, I don’t realize I get so bad and keep drinking and then end up in a bad state or drink my drink too quick. I’ve tried to overcome this problem and stop but sometimes I feel like I’m too sober then. How can I over come this 

Just slow down when you drink and you might find that you will drink less in the long run because you're not just chugging it. Also just learn to enjoy your drink and try to drink to get buzzed then once you get there get drunk but not sloppy falling down drunk. Your friends will get tired of babysitting you over time and they'll complain behind your back and that's not fun neither is being too drunk. Just pace yourself, drink water in between each drink, and try not to chug.

take a sober friend '''along with you to just,,,, SLAP....you hard across the FACE......that will help

• Sparky

You need to pace yourself more with your drinks.

Drink to enjoy the drink, not to get raging drunk.

Ask your friends to tell you when you need to start slowing down.

Count your drinks and limit yourself to a certain number.

Try drinking a type of drink that is not as strong as your current choices.

I used to be the same! When I was 18 I'd have pre-drinks at a friends house (usually straight vodka or tequila) and then by the time I made it to the club I would just make a fool of myself because of how drunk I'd get. I am a skinny person as well so it doesn't take much to get me tipsy. Now that I'm 23 and I go out I always make sure i have a glass of water after each drink, it helps a lot! I also keep tabs on how much drinks I've had and set myself a limit. When you've been drinking for a while you get to know your body and how much it can take before you pass out lol

• In

Pace yourself or order non-alcoholic beverages. Maybe have one mixed drink for every 3 non-alcoholic? Even a hardcore drinker cannot metabolize more than one drink an hour.

• Jerry

Why are you drinking so fast, guzzling instead of sipping? Slow down.

Most people drink faster then they're drinking beer or iced drinks. The beer is getting warm, the ice is melting, and they guzzle it down. And order another one right away. Instead order something that isn't cold like red wine or straight liquor. And SIP it, make it last 40 minutes or more.

Don't order another alcoholic drink immediately. It's OK to not have a drink in your hand all the time.

Drink lots of water of club soda. Each time you order an alcoholic drink, order a TALL water or club soda chaser. Drink the whole thing and then get a refill and drink that too.

Make your mind up to get this under control dude. You don't want to be one of those people that don't get invited to weddings and stuff because of your drinking, don't want to be one of these people who has to not drink at all because once they start they don't know how to stop.

Drink slower and drink less.

• Kaz

If you can't stop, or control how much you drink - you have a serious drinking problem. How do you overcome this? Quit drinking - need help with that - try an AA meeting.

Despite your initial statement, you're an alcoholic. Sorry. Get help.

• Dimo

"I’m not an alcoholic but ... I get in such a bad state ... drinking .... "

You ARE an alcoholic. When you admit that, then you will be able to stop being a mess.