Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Why did God curse me from birth?

im a 23 year old female born with a cleft lip and palate. Parents never cared to finish my surgeries and fix my teeth. All my life I have been picked on and bullied and people would push me to the ground and kick me and throw things at me and point and make fun of me while I walk down the streets. Even adults. I've never had a boyfriend or even kissed a guy. My parents told me that I looked like a monster and I was ugly and my own family made fun of the way I looked. I've tried so many times to work on my self esteem and when it did start going up people would just bring it right back down. Im lonely and when I say lonely I don't even just mean like having a boyfriend. I literally have zero friends. The one person who was my friend said he doesn't want to talk to me really. He thought I liked me but honestly I was just so happy someone was finally okay with being my friend. Someone didn't actually mind being out in public with me.

Best Answer

Aww hun I'm sorry this is happening to you :( Honestly, I would be your friend if I knew you. I'm not as shallow as all those losers you've mentioned.

Maybe for the time being, try to make an online friend? Speak to a counselor or therapist, they could offer some solutions.

Social rejection can be harsh. People reject me for my low status job. They see me as a nobody. Just someone they can use or just ignore. I know what it's like to be socially isolated.

I try to focus on God, my religion. I pray, I try to read my holy book regularly. I watch a fav show (took me a while to find a new fav show but I got there).

If possible,perhaps get a pet? Animals can be so much nicer and better than humans.

If you have a job, maybe try to save up some money so that in the future you could have some more surgery.

• Mia1 month agoReport

I've tried they all end up being online losers and weirdos pretending to be someone and if their not and their just being their self their complete creeps

Man I feel the same way as u do, I have been made fun of in school, most of my family has f*cked me over, every friend, boy, or acquaintance Ive came in contact with has been some bullsh!t, my own parents didn't raise me nor do they give a sh!t about me, neither does my siblings or most of my family for that matter, I only have a few people in my family that actually do, the boy I'm in love with now he treats me like sh!t sometimes to, I just feel so worthless & feel like only a few people actually love me, the rest just wanna treat me like sh!t, they say we all have purpose in a life but I don't believe that, I feel like I'm just a doormat to people, I seriously can't wait til god calls me home, I am so tired of feeling all this sh!t everyday, so believe me I know exactly how u feel, I guess the best advice for the both of us, to learn to let all that hurt go, & focus on things that make us happy, we cant help how ugly people wanna be to others, but we can help how respond to it

I concur , my life was cursed too . I’m not sure why anyone would pray to someone who doesn’t help the world .

So sorry to hear you are going through this. While growing up I also had a mom who didn't really know how to support me emotionally, she had excess baggage of her own in her past. I grew up around Jehovah's witnesses. If I were you I would reach out to them online. Jw.org. The first people I met were Jehovah's witnesses, off my shoulders melted off years of agony and excess pain. I kept praying to God that I remained in his love and charity. He made miracles and tried his best to keep me safe. I cannot tell you how much these people did for me. They are truly an organization that treats everyone with dignity. I honestly believe God has a plan for everyone and everyone you meet that fears him will make your life better. Pray to him that you find protection. Like the bible says God will wipe the tears from their eyes and pain will be no more. Focusing on our mental sanity is crucial. We are living in "the last days" just like God foretold. The bible describes that "the entire world is lying in the power of the devil" this has never been so true. The bible tells in 2 Timothy 21-3-5 the following explanation and promise: 

With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his people. And God himself will be with them.a And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes!!!!! (wow) and death will be no more, (most definitely undeniably) neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. then it says.....The former things have passed away.” !!!!!

5....  And the One seated on the thronee said: “Look! I am making all things new.”Also he says: “Write, for these words are faithful* and true.” God will bring evil humanity to an end when he brings forth "armageddon" the day of his fury upon wicked people. He will destroy those causing calamity to earth. !!!! Woe to the devil and evil people because their time is short!!!! God will definitely bring his vengeance, he will also judge all dead people and those who were unrighteous to a resurrection of a destruction that is permanent (the second death) and those who are good to a resurrection of eternal life. Do not believe those that teach about "hell" for the dead know nothing like God says and he promises that in the scroll of life or book of life he will write the names of those who have feared him, kept his commands and endure life's hardest trial. Just like Jesus was humiliated and killed all those that love his laws will be "persecuted" but fear not :) !!!!! God will bring revenge of his saints and he will remember everyone who came to know him and did HIS will. God will end all suffering and we will never see illness or death again. You have God's word in your power if you cherish him in your heart. Live on his terms and be blessed. Seek his protection through a bible study with a Jehovah's witness in your community. See that God Jehovah is good and will protect his meek ones. Do not fear God will use his son to destroy this wicked world and bring us a paradise again here on earth, its his promise and we will live forever joyfully and pain free. It is a free entrance to eternal life and you have your creator God as an eternal friend and hero. Love him only and he will rescue you on his day. :) hang in there Jehovah will bring you comfort soon. 

You are created in God's image. Pray and do bible studies.

im not so soure he did. dont avuer think

You're 23. Can't you get surgery?

You’re the author of your story. You can’t choose what happens to you, but you can choose where the story goes and how the character develops. Are you going to be a victim and let these awful things dictate who you are, or will you learn from them and rise above? Your choice.

I have a friend with a cleft lip and she has attracted some very handsome men. I know you may feel differently, but that doesn't stop people from seeing your beauty. We all have things we would change at the end of the day. But when other people see us, they are not as critical as we are to ourselves.

I don't think of it as a curse, so much as just bad luck. Things are hard for you, and that is bad, I am sorry. Life is harder on some of us, than it is for others. But bottom line, you have the life you have been given, and you have to live that one. You can't live someone else's. And it is not easy, but the more energy you give in wishing things were different, or being mad at other people for being crappy, the less energy you will have to do things for yourself. You only get so much to spend every day, and how you are spending yours, might not be buying you much. You may never get it as good as others, but you have a range that is possible for you, and you are coming in at the bottom of that range. If you try, you may be able to get a bit more. It won't be easy, and I'm not saying you'll always be happy, but you can get more than you have now. It is going to take a combination of things: learning to forgive those who have wronged you so you can move forward, learning to accept things more for what they are, fighting against cognitive biases that are holding you back (google them), building your own value (hobbies/talents/interests/etc) so you are not a limited self, and finding ways to ride out the cycles of life. Life has highs and lows, and you can't always prevent or prolong one or the other. But the more you fight the lows, or try to grasp/clutch the highs, the more you are just always disappointed with where you are. The more you accept things for what they are, without trying to change them, the more energy and clarity you will have to see what things can be changed to improve your life. You have every right to your anger and sadness, but they are a vortex that will suck as much of your life as you wish to pour down it, and never be filled. If you train yourself to see where the cracks are in your shell, and marshal your energy into those, you can find ways to expand your being into a more full self. You will fail a lot, and it will be hard, but if you succeed some of the time, and appreciate the good moments for what they are, when they come, you will live the best life that is possible for you (and that is the same that each of us can hope to do whatever our position in the world). Good luck.

God didn’t curse you, he loves you. Don't mind the people who are trying to bring you down. You’re beautiful the way you are.