Should I have children, or is my Mother right?

So, I'm a 21 year old woman and I've loved children all my life. I've been a daycare teacher for some time now, I'm in college for Early Childhood Education, and I plan on becoming a middle school and high school teacher later on after I get my degree. Children bring me so much joy and happiness,... show more So, I'm a 21 year old woman and I've loved children all my life. I've been a daycare teacher for some time now, I'm in college for Early Childhood Education, and I plan on becoming a middle school and high school teacher later on after I get my degree. Children bring me so much joy and happiness, even when they're screaming their heads off and I want to pull my hair out.

My 20 year old brother had my niece a few months ago. Him and his wife got married when he was 18 and she was 19 for the benefits (he's military). They live in Texas (me and my family in GA) and my Mother often complains how she'll never have a relationship with her grandchildren.

Well, today I mentioned to her that she shouldn't worry, because she'll have a relationship with my children since I don't plan on moving out of state. She came back with the response "You're not having kids." I was kind of taken aback by her comment and I asked her why. Her response was "Because you don't need them. You wouldn't be able to handle any kids. You're too spacy and you'd be the Momma that leaves her kids in the car." I didn't know what to say, I was shocked, and then she said, 

"You're just not having kids. You don't need them."

I've thought my whole life that I was meant to be a mother. I just can't believe she would say. Yes, I have a goofy personality, and I've known to be forgetful and clumsy and whatnot, but does that really mean I'm not meant to be a mother?