Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 3 months ago

Can I get someone to watch my child at school?

I know this might sound strange, but I'd pay for someone to go into a school (with schools permission) to keep an eye on my little girl to make sure she's safe and is being treated well by her peers. I can't stand the thought of someone grabbing her and hitting or pulling her hair who are much stronger than she is. I also want them to watch how she's behaving at school and will help her with her behaviour.

Favorite Answer

Instead of trying to hire a babysitter, you're much better off teaching your daughter how to handle situations like bullying, so that she DOESN'T GET hurt. If you constantly have someone watching her, she'll never learn anything about how to be self reliant or how to stand up for herself when she doesn't like or doesn't agree with something. I get that you want to protect her from being bullied, because I'm a bullying survivor myself, but this isn't the way to achieve that. Your daughter needs to learn "street smarts", including how to handle stressful social situations, on her own.

You sound as though you are a bullying survivor yourself. Perhaps that's why you're so keen to protect your daughter. It's natural for you to want to do that, but in the end, your daughter will only be hurt more by your attempts to shield her. As long as there are kids, there will always be bullies. And bullying isn't just confined to kids, either. Adults bully each other too.

I understand that parents want to ensure that their child is safe, but this is taking things a bit too far. When you think about it, you’re not always going to be there for them and they need to learn to grow up. Even if it’s just going to the store and buying something. It just helps them prepare for life. Also, I often notice overprotective parents have depressed children because they don’t let them hang out with their friends, have a social life, or even just explore the world. It’s best for their health to let them to do them. It’s hard to let your kid go sometimes, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. And, last thing, I’m not saying don’t be overprotective, just try to tone it down a bit. But, at the end of the day, you decide what to do, this is merely a suggestion.

SCOTLAND FOREVER!!! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

• DON W

I doubt that any school would permit a third-person to do so.  At best, they might permit you to occasionally sit in the back of the classroom (some schools do, some discourage it).