Would a company rehire you after letting you go years and years ago?

I recently applied at a company that I was let go from (terminated/fired) about 12 years ago now at a very young age.  It was for the reasoning I could not return to work after some stressful things going on at the time in personal life, when they wanted me to come back, I could not.   Anyways fast forward 11... show more I recently applied at a company that I was let go from (terminated/fired) about 12 years ago now at a very young age.  It was for the reasoning I could not return to work after some stressful things going on at the time in personal life, when they wanted me to come back, I could not.  

Anyways fast forward 11 years.  I’ve since gathered some skilled tickets, college and 11 years experience at a well know company in the area that does a lot of work for the these other companies.  I recently applied for a position with the company that let me go years back, a question on the application asked if you have worked for us before, I did check yes.  Ok so I have essentially the skills and degrees they want with a good solid background of employment with my current company (11 years now).  Just two weeks later they have emailed me for a pre-employment assessment ( I think a safety and aptitude test to submit) and a video interview screen you record of yourself. I guess my question is, do you think the company probally ran my name in its records and knows my past, is it possible they want to rehire me as I offer something to them now skill wise? And with a good employment record.  Why would they want me to continue to the next phase of the hiring procedure?  Still deciding if it’s a move I want to make.  The only thing I don’t like about current employment is the work shift schedules and work load demand.  Otherwise it’s a respected, large worldwide company.  Thanks for any insight.
1 answer 1