where did florence nightingale go to collage ?

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

same place as sleeping beauty

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Florence Nighingale went to the local crafts store to collage. Yes, they had collage classes in the back and she made really wonderful collages. I'll bet if she had gone to college she would have taken art classes and made collages there too. And I'll bet if you had gone to college you could both spell college and would know the difference between a collage and a college.

• James
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

It didn't fit into her bigger picture.

• 1 month ago

As other posters have pointed out, women were not formally admitted to universities in the 19th century. They sometimes attended lectures but were not allowed to obtain qualifications.

Nightingale came from an upper class family and was educated at home.

She did receive four months medical training in Germany, at a religious Institution - as they all were at the time. She set up the first secular nursing school.

“In 1850, she visited the Lutheran religious community at Kaiserswerth-am-Rhein in Germany, where she observed Pastor Theodor Fliedner and the deaconesses working for the sick and the deprived. She regarded the experience as a turning point in her life, and issued her findings anonymously in 1851; The Institution of Kaiserswerth on the Rhine, for the Practical Training of Deaconesses, etc. was her first published work.[16] She also received four months of medical training at the institute, which formed the basis for her later care.” ( Wikipedia)

Please don’t listen to the poster above (armouror) he is wrong and has no valid knowledge of history. It worries me that people are allowed to misinform like that.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Education: King's College London, University of Cambridge

• 1 month ago

she did not go to school

• Joe
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Night school I think.

• 1 month ago

Same place as Jack the Ripper.

• John P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

A collage is an artwork made by gluing things to a base. A college is where people study.

• David
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

This person must have a Master's Degree in Humanities.

• 1 month ago

I wasn't aware that she glued little bits of paper to make art.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.