Does diabetes cause slow hair growth?

My hair been the same lenght for 2 years and i have diabetes.  my sugar been elevated for months can that be the reason my hair is growing slowly. Plus im overweight.

Well my hair has thinned a lot of late and isn't really growing that much. I put that down to genetics (mum) and STRESS.

• Shay

There are several diabetics in my husband's family - including my husband.  I have never known of any of them to have issues with hair growth.  My husband is in his early 50's - has been diabetic for about 20 years - and he still has a full head of hair that needs a trim every 4 to 6 weeks to keep the style he likes.  

Issues with hair is usually either related to the way you treat your hair (products you use and things like blow drying and curling irons) or something that is lacking in your diet.  (missing out on the right amount of protein and certain vitamins can stunt hair growth)

Here is a link to some hair care tips:  

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/beauty/hair/a3437...

There are things that you should be concentrating on. Hair growth is not one of them!

• David B.
      1 month agoReport

your ignorance and lack of self-discipline is going to cost you a shortened life.