I got my nose pierced with a gun?

So I got it pierced and I saw that there’s a butterfly or bow looking back for it. Is that normal..?

Best Answer

I'm sorry to say this but please do yourself an enormous favor - take that piercing out immediately. It is a terrible, TERRIBLE idea to pierce any cartilage with a piercing gun. Piercing guns cause blunt force trauma to cartilage which can make the piercing ten times more likely to develop serious problems. And that butterfly clip at the back of the piercing will be likely to cause you a world of hurt. Nostril piercings are temperamental enough without getting the piercing with a gun - piercing guns cannot be properly cleaned, so you are already at risk of bacteria already having been introduced into the wound, and regular earrings with the butterfly clips are so short that they don't accommodate for any swelling and will likely irritate the hell out of your nose (it's like the most guaranteed way to get one of those awful cartilage bumps on the inside AND outside of your nose).

Please, please do yourself a favor and get it re-pierced at a professional piercing shop with a needle. If you want this piercing long-term and don't want to face a potentially gnarly healing process, you will be so glad that you did. I have seen firsthand how badly these piercing guns can mess up a wide variety of piercings. I am seriously waiting for the day when piercing guns become illegal due to the problems they cause...

• Mel1 month agoReport

You're welcome! I think that's a good idea and I wish you the best!!

Absolutely not. This is awful, and potentially even dangerous! Those things aren't even good for the ears they were designed for, let alone an area of cartilage as thick as a nose! Take that ring out, let it heal, and stop letting your cheap friends pierce you with stolen walmart goods in their kitchen. I promise, the professional experience is worth the money.

You're not supposed to pierce a nose with a gun...

That sounds like a back for an earring.

• Vicki

No, I don't believe so. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a flat circle back on the inside of your nose.