Is it rude for a customer refusing to sit in a certain waiter's section?

The reason why they don't want to sit in a certain waiter's section is because they weren't happy with that certain waiter's customer service.

I know I wouldn't be happy if a customer didn't want to sit in my section.

Best Answer

There is no hard and fast rule which says a customer MUST sit in your section or must NOT refuse to be waited on by you.  In customer service these days you need to grow a spine and not let such petty things control you.  Personally, if someone didn't want to sit in MY section, I'd be happy to not have to deal with such petty and particular (read: PITA) customers.  Enjoy. 

• David

If that waiter has given you bad service there is nothing wrong with asking for a table elsewhere.

Nope it's perfectly fine. 

• Judy

no, it's their right to ask to be seated somewhere else.

If you say it nicely like, I would prefer to sit over there, then no it is not very rude

Not rude. This happens regularly.

• Erik

That's pretty strange to me. Why do you care who's bringing you your food, unless they were ACTUALLY rude (which is exceedingly rare, seeing as how they work for tips)? Anyone who would do that is the kind of person who is looking to create problems.

• Eva

Certainly not rude. They are paying money to dine and should be able to sit wherever they like.

• chris

No!

If another section is not available, the customer has the option to leave!

We have often requested a specific location rather than sit wherever they want to put us. It was more about location and comfort than anything else!