What should my 50cc scooter be idling at?

I got a 50cc lance Cabo. Specs says it hits 8500 rpm. The rpm gage shows 0-10 numbers. My scooter stalls out when idle at stoplights so I constantly have to be reving the throttle so it won’t shut down on me. I was wondering what number represents what rpm? When idle the gage is below the number 1. Not sure if one equals 1k rpm or what? But if someone could help me so I know on the gage of 1-10 what number represents what rpm if the scooter is supposed to go 8500. Thanks

What does the manual say? Maybe...you just shouldn't mess with it and have it serviced instead.. it's possible you could save money and prevent accidents...

Go to the carb, set idle to about 1, or, or one thousand RPM. If it still stalls, go up. If that seems high, go down.

1=1000rpm so if you must, increase the idle to 1. It may be too low right now.

• In

1 = 1000 rpm, 10 = 10,000 rpm. Idle speed is usually 650 -1000 rpms for most single cylinder engines.

Adjust the idle speed to around 750 rpms. If it continues to stall you have issues with the fuel/air mixture.

• Cap'n. America
      1 month agoReport

No. Too Slow. Idle indicated on my Honda 650 is 1,000. Same on my Harley 1440 cc (88"). The Honda barely idles at 660, too slow. The Harley will get as low as 800, but that is actually too slow by the manual. Both of these have a lot more inertia s[pinning around than a 50cc Single.

No way is the idle speed 8500, it would be 850. Number 1 is for 1000 (1k) RPM.

• nathan`1 month agoReport

My bad , I worded that wrong lol. My scooter has a top rpm of 8500

The 1 is 1,000 rpm (which is about where the idle should be or just above).

First start by adjusting the throttle cable at the hand-grip which is usually attached to the hand-grip cable outlet.

• Cap'n. America
      1 month agoReport

ALWAYS adjust idle at the screw on carb. Leave cables Slightly loose or they can bind and increase engine speed when turning.

• J J

The numbers represent thousands so the number one would be 1000 RPM's. The idle should be about 600.

• Cap'n. America
      1 month agoReport

Too Slow. Idle indicated on my Honda 650 is 1,000. Same on my Harley 1440 cc (88"). The Honda barely idles at 660, too slow. The Harley will get as low as 800, but that is actually too slow by the manual. Both of these have a lot more inertia spinning around than a 50cc Single.