Medical insurence?

How do i go about getting medical insurence on a friend who is in the hospital

18 Answers

Relevance
  • car253
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you post your state you will get some help. In California we have "Covered California". Or you can apply for Medi-cal.

• 1 month ago

You can not. Only your friend can get insurance for him or herself.

• 1 month ago

Is this question for real?  You can't get insurance "after the fact."

• May
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

You don't. Your friend must buy his own health insurance. I hope you realize that buying health insurance AFTER the friend is in the hospital won't cover him/her for his/her present care.

I --N- -S- -U- -R- -A- -N- --C--E

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

You don't.

You can get medical insurance only on yourself, your spouse, your children under age 26, and your employer. You cannot get medical insurance on your friend.

Only your friend, your friend's spouse, your friend's employer, and possibly your friend's parents can get medical insurance on your friend. If none of them can do it, then it can't be done. You can't be the person that does it.

• 1 month ago

It's too late to get coverage for what ever they are in the hospital for.

• 1 month ago

Look to buy "insurance" first. Try the Yellow Pages or search the internet for "health insurance."

• Eva
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You don't. Your friend has to apply on their own and it's a little late. Insurance doesn't cover any bills prior to the effective date of the insurance. The only thing that does is medicaid. You (if you hold the health care proxy) or your friend needs to talk to the social worker at the hospital to get help with handling the bills.

• J J
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I would guess your not that smart. If you think you can get insurance now and it will pay for your friends hospital stay you can't be smart.

• car253
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Medi-cal will pay if you qualify.

• 1 month ago

With great difficulty, that would be like trying to get fire insurance on a house that has already burnt down.

• Snezzy
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Reminds me of the fellow who insured a box of expensive cigars, and tried to collect for them having burnt up. Percy wins again.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.