is it true that 150,000 immigrants come into london every year to stay forever?

i found this news staggering, the new ukip leader claimed this recently in a youtube video, because he added his party will do something about the mass uncontrolled immigration.

me, i can't believe that many people from across the world are coming to live here permanently every year....when are the government going to act and stop this mass immigration? our country cannot sustain it.

please answer sensibly, this is a serious question and very genuine, born out of grave concern.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

There are probably at least that many, including illegal aliens, bogus "asylum seekers," legal immigrants, and those who commit visa fraud (obtain temporary visa with intent to remain). It is NOT sustainable, as UK does not create enough new jobs for born-citizens, no less all those entering to remain. Citizens cannot support the influx - shortages of jobs, housing, food, and more. UK must deport (or order mandatory departure in lieu of deportation) for all those who abuse asylum claims, enter illegally, and overstay visas. Enforce the laws or the country no longer has any law or civil society. It's up to citizens to vote for MPs & govt officials who support enforcing visa regulations & immigration laws.

• 1 month ago

Sure; UKIP would never lie about anything.

Does their number include students and others on temporary visas?

• 1 month ago

No, it's not true. A basic thing to remember is that UKIP tells nothing but lies.

If that were true, in ten years, just from such a source, London's population would have grown by 1.5 million. That did not happen. Duh.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.