Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 1 month ago

why is the tank almost completely empty whenever you buy a secondhand car?

even from proper car sales garages, they give it you when the tank is on the empty redline every time!! so when you drive it away your worrying your balls off that your gonna run out of petrol before you even get to the station to fill it up!!

is it like some sort of unspoken code that all car salesmen conform to? it has to be almost empty?

• In
    Best Answer

Why should they put gas in for thieves to siphon? Insist that they fill it up before you sign on the dotted line.

The bank tank gets empty too.

No. My last car read "E". I put gas in it, Guess What? It only took 3 gallons. Sender was bad..

Another Surprise. I drive to Tombstone and back on those 3 gallons. Averaged 43 MPG..

• Erik

How often are you buying a car? I've bought two in the last fourteen years (and no, I don't remember how much gas they had in them).

Obviously, they don't want to give you 50 dollars worth of gas for free.

• Trump 2020
      1 month agoReport

That's a 500 dollar loss after selling 100 cars. WAKE UP

If I'm selling a car or part-exchanging it why would I fill it up first? That's £60 I'm not going to see again.

Many of my cars I could double the value of them by just filling them up.

Car dealers scrounge for every dollar they can get. Not filling a tank can save $45.00.

It proves the gas gauge works. Besides gas costs EXTRA. How many times do you go out and buy a car? Not that often to make that kind of GENERALIZATION. Some are and some are not. They are where they are and that is not CHOCKERBLOCK FULL. People are always test driving cars so it is impossible to be on top with the gas all the time. After 5 have done a joy ride just for the sake of driving it(never planning to buy it) then you come along and have the money to buy it.

. Can you say "JUST LUCKY".

OMG - life just sux, doesn't it? I'm sure the liberal progressives will soon pass a law that gasoline should be free (until they outlaw it).