Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 1 month ago

why is the tank almost completely empty whenever you buy a secondhand car?

even from proper car sales garages, they give it you when the tank is on the empty redline every time!! so when you drive it away your worrying your balls off that your gonna run out of petrol before you even get to the station to fill it up!!

is it like some sort of unspoken code that all car salesmen conform to? it has to be almost empty?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • In
    Lv 6
    1 month ago
    Best Answer

Why should they put gas in for thieves to siphon? Insist that they fill it up before you sign on the dotted line.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The bank tank gets empty too.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No. My last car read "E". I put gas in it, Guess What? It only took 3 gallons. Sender was bad..

Another Surprise. I drive to Tombstone and back on those 3 gallons. Averaged 43 MPG..

• Erik
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

How often are you buying a car? I've bought two in the last fourteen years (and no, I don't remember how much gas they had in them).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Obviously, they don't want to give you 50 dollars worth of gas for free.

• Trump 2020
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

That's a 500 dollar loss after selling 100 cars. WAKE UP

• 1 month ago

If I'm selling a car or part-exchanging it why would I fill it up first? That's £60 I'm not going to see again.

Many of my cars I could double the value of them by just filling them up.

• 1 month ago

Car dealers scrounge for every dollar they can get. Not filling a tank can save $45.00.

• 1 month ago

It proves the gas gauge works. Besides gas costs EXTRA. How many times do you go out and buy a car? Not that often to make that kind of GENERALIZATION. Some are and some are not. They are where they are and that is not CHOCKERBLOCK FULL. People are always test driving cars so it is impossible to be on top with the gas all the time. After 5 have done a joy ride just for the sake of driving it(never planning to buy it) then you come along and have the money to buy it.

. Can you say "JUST LUCKY".

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

OMG - life just sux, doesn't it? I'm sure the liberal progressives will soon pass a law that gasoline should be free (until they outlaw it).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.