Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

How do I stop my cat from being annoying.?

My girlfriend stupidly adopted a 8 week old kitten.

She has a busy job and is gone from 7 am to 7 pm.

I get home at 3 pm and this annoying cat keeps meowing and jumping on me.

I put him in the closet for a couple hours yesterday and he pissed in it.

I really want to let him outside and tell my girlfriend he escaped.

First of all, don’t you dare put that cat outside. 1. It would be immensely cruel to do to your girlfriend. 2. Cats who are outside have a lifespan of about 4-7 years while Indoor cats have a lifespan of 18-20 years. 3. They are very likely to get fleas, ticks, parasites, diseases, etc. hence the short life span. Do not put the cat outside.

The cat is bored. It is very cruel to ignore him and put him in a closet. Of course he peed in the closet. What else is he supposed to do?

Get a second kitten. They will play with each other, be less bored, won’t tear up your house, and it’s good for them to have the companionship of another cat.

Play with him. You are home so you have to step up. Like it or not, that cat is part of your life and because he is important to your girlfriend, he should be important to you. Research cat care and things cats need to have a healthy life full of enrichment. The more you do to make sure the cat gets what he needs, the less he will “bug” you.

• Katie1 month agoReport

If you neglect this animal, that is animal abuse and you should pay for neglecting him. Be a grown up and realize that you are responsible for a life. That life has value and does not deserve to be shoved in a closet for wanting attention.

learn to pay with him and obey him

• Ocimom

Your girlfriend needs to rehome this poor kitten. Its too young to be by itself all day long. It needs and craves attention and locking it in a closet is cruel on your part. I always recommend 2 kittens if you adopt under 8 months old. The kitten is lonely. Don't just open the door - it will be dead in a matter of days. Talk to her about rehoming the kitten or getting a 2nd kitten for them to play and cuddle with each other when no one is home.

Oh definitely use a shock collar.

tell the stupid kitten to get a job and not come back home without at least $50.

You do that you're up for animal abuse charges, not to mention letting your girlfriend know your ethics are at rock bottom.

He bothered you because he wanted attention, all you had to do was pet him and then put some food down. Locking him in a closet doesn't help when he can't 'hold it' that long. Confine him to the bathroom with the litter box, food and water.

It doesn't take a genius to figure this out.

• bubba

its not your cat

• Nathan

He wants to play. He needs to be played with for two hours each day, and of course he's going to pee in the closet. That is a cruel way of treating him, I suggest bringing him to a shelter to rehome him (if you aren't legally his owner then call them to the house) because neither of you can care for him properly

• PAMELA

Aren't you nasty? feed the cat when you get home, maybe then it will not be so annoying.

• Jim2

Kittens like to play. Why don't you try playing with it? Get a string and dangle it in front of him. Get him a cat toy. Make lemonade out of what you consider a lemon.

I assume you have a litter box for him? Stick him in it, a few times, if he doesn't get the idea. But usually cats instinctively use a litter box.