Would a Electric-powered "Harley-Davidson" Live-wire two wheeled bike, be the new sound-of-silence?

Best Answer

EVs are the future, whether we like it or not. 

Internal combustion engines are basically the equilvaent of mechanical clocks. it's a marvel of mechanical clockwork. Okay, it's not exactly 'clockwork' but you get the idea. 

Unfortunately, their days are numbered. I'm pretty sure that soon EVs are going to take over internal combustion engines, just like how Quartz movement took over mechanical clockwork.

That's just reality.

An electric motor is lightweight, VERY efficient, has far less moving parts than an ICE and can last for ages without needing any sort of maintenance. I mean, how often do you 'maintain' electric motors in your home?! Plus, they've that instant torque which I absoltuely love. Whereas internal combustion engines have to spool up, shift into higher gears, then spool up again to get momentum. Personally, I used to hate them but now I'm warming up to them more and more. As a matter of fact, I was considering leasing a Nissan Leaf not too long ago! Not because I'm an environmentalist, but because I love their maintenance free nature and sports car like torque.

As for Harley Davidson Livewire, I doubt it's ever going to be popular among the so called 'HOG' crowd, which basically consist of conservative, ultra right wing, gun totting, Trump praising Republicans. They've got egos the size of a Titanic, and it's that very same ego that made Harley Davidson discontinue the V-Rod. 

Oh well...

• Fred

No! Only from Harley Davidson comes an electric bike that has a retro look produces manufactured sound at the expense of mechanical efficiency, cost more than every other electric motorcycle on the market, and is on the extreme range of dysfunctional compared to the existing electric market. It has more weight, less power, less range, less speed of all electrics... and wait for it... no doubt just like the entire H-D stable … has a dysfunctional horn!

But the real question is... If the live wire has ADDED mechanically sound generated at energy expense does it exit to the rear where it is entirely wasted? ONLY FROM H-D

It will not last longer than the V-Rod!

H-D aside from a brief time period somewhere South of 1920 .. Never was, Never will be... "The new sound-of silence" (unless you refer to their INTENSIONAL dysfunctional traffic horn)

• Fred
      1 month agoReport

But if you buy a wide handle bared H-D … take a big breath... you still have room on the dysfunctional bars for a dysfunctional cup holder... and it wouldn't be a H-D without that!

Nah you'd still get the annoying rider.

• Cap'n. America
      1 month agoReport

The Annoying ones are Ninja-riding punks who blast thru residentials at 45, while Children chase balls across the road ! We Harley riders are cool in our own neighborhoods..

• In

The drive makes a whirring noise.

If I was younger I'd go EV-motorcyle if it was cheap enough.

Rode a Zero when they first came out and was somewhat impressed, queit, nice torque but at that time mileage range was quite limited.

Will need to wait for my second life when the batteries are solar-powered while riding and stationary.

Source(s): Riding/racing for 55+ yrs.

Like dude, ya ain't read (sorry about the reading) any of them reviews whut dun say it got a sound like a turban... oops... turbine.

An electric Harley would be no fun. There would be none of that infamous vibration.

• audrey

That low rumble is what makes a Harley a Harley. If it goes electric, it won't be fun anymore!

No.

In fact, no dealer in my city, that is the Southern half of my state, will get one. Only the central state dealer in Phoenix. It won't be popular except with in -towners that can get a to a charging station easily. Out here there are 2 in a city of one million. It is very easy to go 20-30 miles without even seeing a gas station. Even longer in parts of the Indian Nations.

I Do hope Harley sells a lot of them, just Not to me or anyone I know. We Expect that Brraapppp. Divest or die.

At least the LiveWire won't Overheat at long reds in when it's 116...

• Scott

I have no desire to own one. I'll keep my Ultra Classic. It makes noise.

• Fred
      1 month agoReport

If it was "sound" the exhaust would be piped forward and released in front of the handlebar! .. Otherwise... it's noise!